Georges Seurat, Seurat
Hooray for 90's nostalgia! "I Love the 90's" is the Best Show Ever since "Best Week Ever." It just reminds you of all the things that happened in the last decade, and stating the obvious is so much fun. Did I miss the part or did they leave out "Seinfeld?" Very strange. That's almost the quintessential 90's show. But it doesn't matter. This is the show that makes Michael Bolton cool again (the look he makes when he stares at the hotties of '9X is priceless) and finally I get to see the black Power Ranger again. But why didn't they didn't talk about "SuperHuman Samurai Syber-Squad?" Beats me. And one other thing. I think they had too many new people on this time. There was definitely a Hal Sparks shortage in "I Love the 90's." In other news, I saw a bootleg copy of
The Day After Tomorrow today, and it SSSSSUCKED!!!!!! Horrible, horrible movie. An example of good actors, good direction, an intriguing story, and great special effects, gone terrifically down the toilet bowl. The movie was absolutely shameful for all parties involved. Ideas for making it better: 1.) Show scenes of all cities affected by the storms. It gets viewers more interested in whats happening if its happening near them. 2.) Don't focus on boring people. That homeless guy was just boring. 3.) Since when does a disaster movie have only 4 main characters? Is Roland Emmerich gettig lazy or something? Remember how many main characters there were in Independence Day? You gotta have people from all over being devastated then coming together or something like that. But that's just me. I also saw
Requiem for a Dream today, and I hesitantly say it was great. I don't know why, but it's very hard to place what makes it great, or why it might be called so hesitantly. It was made brillianly; it makes you sympathize with the characters while also making them deplorable people, it really makes you feel what it's like to be addicted to something, whether it be television, heroin, or diet pills, it doesnt have any hokey dialogue but for some reason every time I want to say it's great I stop myself. Perhaps it's the nature of the film; it's so dark and disturbing I don't want to acknowledge it's brilliance. In any case, I've been talking about this for way too long. I've been writing this entry for days, so long, in fact, that there's lots more stuff to write now, but that'll be another entry. So there. Glorgmuffin.
|
M. "Awesome" at 1:57 AM