I Want Erik Estrada to Be My Dad
I should say right off the bat that I object to reality shows. I boycott them, in a way. I just don't watch them on general principal.When the first Survivor came on I thought it was the dumbest idea and I refused to watch it, while everyone and their gay uncle watched Richard Hatch win. I don't care about that kind of crap. That being said, I must admit to getting semi-hooked on two (2) reality shows, one an immense guilty pleasure, one not so much. The latter would be "Kenny vs. Spenny" (GSN, Tuesdays and Thursdays, check local listings) and this show is the fucking man. It follows Kenny Hotz and Spencer "Spenny" Rice, two Canuck-buddies and roomies who love to compete against each other in bizarre contests such as "Who Can Stay Up the Longest?" "Who's the Best Fashion Designer?" and "Who Can Earn the Most Money in Three Days?" The loser has to face a humiliating...well, humiliation, from the winner. These have included streaking, drinking coffee boiled with dirty undies, and clipping one's toenails with one's teeth. I hesitate to call it reality tv 'cos its so different from all the other crappy "reality" shows out there. The persomnalities of the two clash beautifully and...well, its just fucking brilliant. My favorite is Kenny 'cos he's so funny and he cheats all the time, and I don't feel like writing any more about it. It's great. Just watch it. Now the second show I've gotten hooked on is a diferent story. It's the Surreal Life. This show is just too fuckin' insane. I got hooked on the second season, which has got Ron Jeremy and his Penis, Traci Bingham, Vanilla Ice, Tammy Fae Bakker, some Real World chick, and my hero, Erik Estrada. This guy is the man. He's older than the rest of the cast so he sort of plays the part of wise father figure. In one episode, the Real World chick was packing to go because Sally Jesse Raphael called her a slut (this show is AWESOME!) and Erik Estrada had a talk with her saying how the rest of the house understands how she's a young chick on the prowl, so to speak, and she has the urge to drink, which they understand, and how no one in the house is judging her and they all want her to stay. I mean, COME ON! That is awesome! Erik Estrada has got to be the best father ever. He's so understanding and caring. He is the best person ever. EVER. Ghandi? Not even close. Einstein? Keep trying. Jesus? Come on, man. Be real. Lincoln, King, Geldof? They're all uncaring bastards next to Erik Estrada. Plus he was in CHiPs. Just remember that the next time someone asks you what celebrity you'd like your Dad to be. So there. Huzzah.
|
M. "Awesome" at 12:58 AM