The Philosophy of Phillip G. Frollo
As we were leaving the driveway of my house for some delicious Ray's Pizza, my father says to me, "If it wasn't for Hitler, this house wouldn't be here right now, and neither would either of us." He proceeds to explain: "If Hitler hadn't have done all those horrible things, there would've been no World War II. Which would have meant that my father would have been home during those years, and would have wanted to start a family. Which would mean that I would have ben born a few years earlier and would have met completely different people. Same thing with your mother. And we wouldn't have met, and we wouldn't have had you. And these houses, which were built as low-cost housing for GI's coming back from the war, wouldn't have been here either." Indeed it is true. My father thinks like that all the time. If you're ever in my company, ask about the matchbook story. It is quite interesting.
I've noticed lately that I've been taking more of an interest in romances in movies. Why is this? What is becoming of me? Hell, I almost cried at the end of Garden State. It's quite strange. I realized I want a movie romance like in Garden State or in The Fisher King, which I just rewatched today. Great movie, and there is quite a touching scene between Robin Williams(Parry), and Amanda Plummer(Lydia). Best line in that scene: When Lydia assumes that Parry just wants to go up to her apartment, have sex and leave, he says: "Oh, no. I
want to come up, believe me. I've got a hardon the size of Florida, but
I don't want just one night." Isn't that beautiful? Except perhaps for the hardon bit, bu what are you gonna do? He's homeless and blunt. Anyway, I can't stress enough how important it is to see te movie Garden State. I will personally make sure all of my friends see it, so don't worry, Norman, the Man Who Lives In-Between My Toes. Eh, I'm done.
|
M. "Awesome" at 4:51 PM