2.3.05

"..."


The above quote is from the immortal Harpo Marx.

Today I wondered what would happen if I just decided not to communicate with anyone for a certain period of time. If someone talked to me, I wouldn't say anything, if I was called on the phone, I wouldn't pick it up, if someone IM'd me, I wouldn't write them back. I wondered what this would do to myself, but more importantly, others. How would this affect my long-term relationships with others if I did this for a day, a week, a month, or even a year? How harshly would people react? I mean, I just think of how Nicole reacts when I don't IM her, unintentionally, merely because I have nothing to say. What if I just didn't talk to her or acknowledge her at all, completely intentionally? (To clarify that last question, if I were to do this, I wouldn't just ignore just one person. That would just be cruel.) Of course, I don't think I could ever do such a thing. And that thought led to another: What separates us fully-functioned people with the mentally challenged? (I couldn't think of any more-P.C. way to say that). I believe it is this: We have the ability not to act on such thoughts. Sometimes I walk down the hallways at school and I think about what would happen if I just went around grabbing random people's asses, just to see their reactions. But if the same thought came to a mentally-challenged person (I am talking about both the mentally retarded and crazy people), they wouldn't restrain themselves. They would just go ahead and do it. But are our mental faculties only to do with restraint? I don't know. Your thoughts about this would be appreciated.



|
M. "Awesome" at 11:15 PM

The Best Shit In the World

Movies


Sunset Blvd.



Music


The Dismemberment Plan - Change



Books


Spike, Mike, Slackers & Dykes by John Pierson



Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger