22.3.05

Celebrity Moustache Extravaganza!


Yeah, I didn't post last night because as soon as I got on my computer at about Seven P.M., I went to lay down and fell asleep till Ten. So there. If you don't like it, screw you. So, today, I bring you moustaches.

Lots of moustaches.

Today I decided that you need to know what constitutes a good or bad moustache. THere is a simple system to judge this. I call it the Selleck Rating System, or SRS, named, of course, after the golden standard of moustachioed men, Tom Selleck.


Just look at that. That's a prime cut of 'stache f I ever saw one. The facial hair on display will be awarded anywhere from one to four Sellecks:


One Selleck is the worst, and four Sellecks the best. So let's get cracking!

Today: The Celebrity Edition

Geraldo Rivera

This is very similar in shape to the Selleck's, but it just has a sort of skeevy edge to it:

Verdict:

Groucho Marx

A classic moustache. I have to dock a half a point, though, because it's made out of greasepaint.
Verdict:

Freddie Mercury

You know, I'm really torn on this one. I'm gonna perform the age-old test of looking at this guy without a stache:

Yeesh. Mercury's jaw structure really hurts him on this one. I don't know. I'll give him an extra half a point because he died of AIDS.

Verdict:

Charlie Chaplin

Ehh. He gets extra points because he's a comedic genius, but really not that great.
Verdict:

Borat

What can I say? Freakin' Awesome. Really, really great.
Verdict:

Daniel Day-Lewis (a.k.a. Bill the Butcher)

Again, a really great moustache all around. I'd like to think he grew it himself, but he probably didn't.
Verdict:

John Waters

No. No, no, no. Very bad. It looks like someone played a trick on him or something while he was sleeping.
Verdict:
No moustache for you!

Well, that's it for this installment of Moustache Rides. Did I miss any of your favorite moustaches? Tell me and maybe they'll get rated, too. In the future I'll be rating non-celebrities, and maybe I'll even expand into beards. Until then, go away.



|
M. "Awesome" at 3:26 PM

The Best Shit In the World

Movies


Sunset Blvd.



Music


The Dismemberment Plan - Change



Books


Spike, Mike, Slackers & Dykes by John Pierson



Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger