28.3.05

Don't Say the B-Word.


Remeber that phase you went through when you were a kid when curse words were like the worst thing you could possibly hear and uttering them was the most foul crime you could commit? And this was a self-imposed thing, too. Even if your parents cursed, or were fine with cursing. It was around eight or nine, where if anyone said "shit" or something similar, you would say "Don't say the s-word!" Maybe this isn't a normal thing. I don't know. I do remember last year or so, Bill Ullman's son Graham was going through that, and we (me, Tyler, and Steve) were able to convince him that "Buford" was a bad word. The best part of that night was at the diner when we kept saying our names were Buford, and Lisa went along with the joke, not realizing we had set up that Buford was a bad word. She starts rattling off "Buford, Buford, Buford," and Graham is absolutely appalled. "MOM! You're saying the B-word!" And Tyler and I laughed long and hard. I'm not sure if that story transfers well to print or not. But it was fucking hilarious when it happened. That's all I have for today. It's hard to be consistently side-splittingly hysterical. Sorry.



|
M. "Awesome" at 6:37 PM

The Best Shit In the World

Movies


Sunset Blvd.



Music


The Dismemberment Plan - Change



Books


Spike, Mike, Slackers & Dykes by John Pierson



Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger